Learn Italian in Rome
1to1 Italian online or in-person* lessons
I am Serena, a Certified Italian Language Teacher, avid language student, and polyglot.
A little over six years ago, I started my own small online school with the goal of inspiring English native speakers to successfully learn and speak Italian. Today I work with a fantastic team of hand-picked teachers who’re helping in achieving my goal of making Italian learning enjoyable, motivating and doable for non-native speakers.
Our Italian language classes are designed specifically for
- adult learners (+30)
- people planning to relocate to Italy
- staff of consulates, embassies, or international organizations in Rome or elsewhere in Italy
- students who need to prepare the CILS/CELI B1 for Citizenship, the CILS/CELI B2 for working or studying in Italy or the ACFTL proficiency Test.
Why you should learn Italan with us
We are an online Italian school based in Rome, we cater to people from all over the world who want to learn the language. You will learn Italian from certified Italian teachers who have undergone extensive training on how to teach Italian effectively to native English speakers.
We’re unique (and perhaps even special!) because we don’t teach Italian to “everyone”.
Instead, we put our energy into:
- adult learners (+30)
- English speakers
- delivering highly customized one to one lessons
- helping our student to be confident in speaking a foreign language
- transforming expats into Italian citizens (CILS B1 / CELI 2)
We strongly believe that learning a language does not work best in a traditional classroom setting where you sit in front of teachers and other students for 90 minutes and are forced to engage in non-realistic language situations or learning in a way which is tailored for your style. We believe that learning a foreign language for adults is an internal process, and that Italian can be learned through more than just thought.
That’s why our classes are held online or in combination with in-person living classes in the city center Rome (Testaccio, San Saba, Centro Storico, Aventino)
What makes us different
In addition to our knowledge and dedication to ensuring that you achieve your Italian learning objectives, we provide:
- new and innovative Italian study materials
- accountability for learning progress
- constant feedback and motivation
- the chance to get a university level instruction in Italian language
- a big chunk of our method is based on learning through short stories*